7/15/2016

Working dinner at Pancake House


Me and Ian have been planning to have our "coffee date" for a while now...as we need to discuss work, people, and update each other with our #hanesh in life.  Finally, we had the chance tonight, with Tephie...We chose Pancake House because it's near the office and coz' Starbucks was running out of #napay.

Ian: Pag ba nasa Pancake House kailangan pancake rin kainin? (an indication that we're NOT having any pancakes for tonight.)

Me: Ate, gutom ako... Order ako nung chicken with spaghetti with tacos.

Tephie: Gusto ko yung Cinnamon toast without the raisins and syrup on the side.

House Special Set
I've always have a soft spot for Pancake House's chicken.  It's sooo juicy and buttery.  The skin is crunchy, with the right seasoning.  Aside from the usual fastfood chicken, whenever I dine somewhere and there's chicken on the table, i often ask for additional seasoning.  But with their pan fried chicken, it's perfect already.

The pasta for my spaghetti were a little bit under-cooked.  I know the texture of al dente, and what was served to me tonight, was definitely not.  However, since the serving was in small portion, and have to admit, it's not totally undercooked like you can't eat it, I just didn't complain anymore.

When it came to my Taco, there was no complaining here. It's a MUST whenever you eat at Pancake House. They're very consistent with the taste of their ground beef.

When Tephie's order arrived, the bread looked yummy even though it was only sprinkled with cinnamon sans the syrup.  I would've smeared it with butter and drown it in maple syrup.  That's how inviting the toast was.
Cinnamon Toast
Ian's Tuna sandwich was heavy on the Tuna spread.  Like I can actually see chunks of Tuna popping out of the toasted bread.  Wasn't really interested on how it taste because I'm kinda forgiving when it comes to stuff like that.  Like, i'm pretty sure the tuna came from a local canned tuna.  Maybe those high-end ones, but still, it's from a can.

But it seemed that he liked it because it was gone in a matter of minutes.  I know my friend, and he's one picky eater---so if he finished it, then it must be good.

Tuna sandwich
I just don't really get it why they can't update the movie posters posted on their wall.  I get it, they're into movies but can they atleast have the recent ones, if not those popular independent movies that earned accolades in different film festivals.


No comments:

Post a Comment