7/27/2016

Weekend shenanigans

Uma Uma
Last Saturday, I was so bored on my day off that I called a friend and asked if she wants to try this new Ramen place in S' Maison.  The S'Maison at the Conrad Hotel is becoming our favorite place to dine and hang out because it's new and not as crowded as Mall of Asia.

We hear alot of good things about Uma Uma so we decided, why not try it out.  

The interior looks modern-japanese.  It's spacious and pictures of ramen, and what the house is all about adorn the walls.  Uma Uma Ramen, originating in Fukuoka, Japan is based on the premise of not needing MSG to flavor their ramen.  

Uma in Japanese means "tasty", so they pride themselves that there is already "umami" in their ramen that it would be enough to satisfy your taste buds.

Relatively priced, we both ordered the Uma-uma ramen.  Dubbed as their best-seller, it has Chasiu, black fungus, egg, spring onions and spicy miso.
Uma uma ramen
Honestly, I wasnt' too impressed with it.  The broth was not too heavy, that I give extra points, but nothing really sticks out from it.  I felt like eating the same noodle soup that my mom cooks, except that my mom doesn't boil her broth for hours and use special ingredients to make it that "authentic-ramen taste."
One-bite Gyoza
These tiny creatures I liked!!! with that garlicky-spicy condiment they put on the side, mixed with the gyoza sauce, argghhh...YUUUMMMYYY!!!

Tamago
They have Tamago and Dashi Tamago.  When we asked the server what was the difference between the two, she was mumbling something to the like of there's like fish and stuff...actually, Dashi Tamago uses dashi (fish broth) while Tamago is just plain eggs.  The technique in cooking this is mastery in itself.   Going back to the Tamago, a ramen place should know how to cook well its Tamago or else they should just close down.  Good thing Uma Uma has good Tamago. Hehehe! You should try it with the japanese mayonnaise and pickled ginger.

We washed it down with bottomless cold green tea.  I don't like carbonated drinks when eating my ramen...so if there is tea or barley water, i prefer those.  It cleanses your palette and lets you enjoy your food without having that sweet taste from the soda or juice you're drinking.

Will I be coming back for more?  I'm not really sure.  Let me put it this way, Uma Uma is number 3 on my list...My first two ramen places are also found around the area, so it will really take me awhile before going back there... Then again, who knows... what if i crave for some bite-size gyozas?!



No comments:

Post a Comment