7/01/2016

My Cafe Fleur experience


(from Cafe Fleur Facebook page)
The first time I heard about Cafe Fleur in Angeles City was when my sister went there with her friends.  The place is owned by Chef Sau Del Rosario and it serves Filipino cuisine with a twist.

The dishes are actually what you normally serve in your households, but maybe better...and tastier... hehehe...But honestly, I knew from the start that the place is special.

We decided to celebrate my mom's birthday at Cafe Fleur.  The place has enough parking space, and if you don't have a car, it is accessible to public transportation.

We ordered Fried Catfish salad, Swam na Mais (corn soup), Kare-Kare, Okoy, Roasted Salmon in White sauce and Pad Thai. For our drinks, we ordered two kinds of Tsokolateng batirol, I forgot my mom's version but mine was with choknut.


Fried Catfish Salad
This is one heck of a salad. It has the right blend of crisp from the Catfish, sweetness from the onions, tartness from the mango and sweetness from the tomatoes, with the mixture of sweet and sour, it will leave you craving for more.

Okoy
My parents, especially my mom loved this dish. Don't me fooled by the color of the mangoes placed on top of the okoys.  They weren't sour at all.  I guess they were put there to balance the flavors, you know, to avoid the "umay" factor.

Roasted Salmon in white sauce

The salmon was perfectly cooked.  It wasn't dry, and the middle remained pinkish. There was no need for pepper or salt because it was well-seasoned.

Crispy Pork Belly Macadamia Kare-Kare
This was a little disappointing for me. One of my all-time favorite dishes is Kare-kare. That's why whenever we order Kare-Kare in restaurants, i'm very critical about it.  The pork belly is not crispy at all.  Having two senior citizens with us, they weren't able to enjoy this dish as well.

However, the saving factor was the sauce.  We couldn't get enough of it.  I would've ordered extra rice, kaya lang diet ako. (yeah, right?!)

Pad Thai

Cafe Fleur also serves authentic Thai food.  I like how they serve their Pad Thai.  They put on separate containers the sweet sauce, chili flakes and peanuts.  It's up to you how you would want your Pad Thai.  It was one of the best Pad Thais' I've ever tasted; and I've been to quiet alot of Thai restaurants.

Tsokolate Batirol
Don't be deceive by its looks... This is purely sinful!  Imagine if I ordered this hot, I would've died and went straight to heaven.  Their Tsokolateng Batirol can be served both hot and cold ok, so maybe next time, I'll try both. (no one's counting calories and sugar here!)

Sorry I wasn't able to take pictures of our dessert.  I messed up with my phone and ergo, they were already enjoying the cakes before I could take a snap of them.

Cafe Fleur also has a dessert area where you can enjoy their cakes and yes, different drink concoctions.  I heard their smoothies are a big hit too.


No comments:

Post a Comment