7/06/2016

Craving for some churros


I often times get hit with cravings.  Like I can crave for hotdog and can survive for a week with just that.  So, my family knows when I start craving for something, it usually leads to non-stop badgering, borderline obsession.

I've always had a fascination with choux pastry.  I love cream puffs, eclairs and baignettes; and my current 'thing', the churros.

Churros use choux pastry.  But instead of baking, you deep-fry them. To

My churros obsession led me to this new-craze in town, La Lola Churreria.  I know...i know...There are other places I could get better-tasting churros, but why La Lola?

First, I was curious on what's all the fuzz about it? I sometimes blame social media for my food finds. Glad though that they have a branch at the Mall of Asia. As soon as I saw the truck, and thank god there were no lines, I immediately took my wallet and got me a 6pcs order with dark chocolate dip.

I was then on my way to the province and thought of bringing it as baon.  Buti na lang I did...I was stuck in traffic for almost four hours, and my churros saved me from getting hungry and wrecking havoc at NLEX...(seriously, you dont wanna see me "hangry").

The churros at La Lola are crispy.  They never get saggy or oily, even after hours of buying them.  I even re-heated by left-overs the next day using my ever-reliable over toaster, and they remain crispy sans the unwanted oil.

La Lola Churreria offers not just your classic churros but they also have Matcha, white and dark-covered ones.  They also have stuffed churros (banana nutella, dulce de leche, nutella and speculoos), which I'm sure i'll try one of these days, churros ice cream sandwich and some savory sandwiches.

Just yesterday, I found myself lining up once again at another Lo Lola Churreria, this time at Megamall.  Shared it with some friends, since I kinda told myself that I need to limit my churros intake to two...




No comments:

Post a Comment