7/04/2016

A visit to Teaspoon Cafe



Pampanga is one place in the Philippines where no one will go hungry.  There are restaurants, old and new, in every street corner and though there are some that I won't ever recommend in this blog, there are definitely more than a dozen of great restaurants where you and your family can enjoy.

Last Sunday after spending our morning at a bridal fair, we decided to check Teaspoon Cafe.  It's located in Fil-Am Friendship Highway, Angeles City.

My sister said she wants to taste their cakes.  Who am I to refuse a cake, and we even agreed on ordering a few, to you know, sample the merchandise. :)

But because it's lunch time, we thought of having heavy lunch there as well.

Me and mommy ordered the same thing, Grilled Pork Belly.  You can have it with rice or mashed potatoes, we both got rice.
Grilled Pork Belly
The pork belly was cooked to perfection. Even the sauce the compliments it was right to the T. The pork literally melts in your mouth.  There is no umay factor, like when you eat something fatty.  However, I was disappointed with the rice.  It was so dry, and a little bit on the cold side.

I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, since I liked the belly anways, but still, just my two-cent worth of advice, when you serve steamed rice, make sure it's well-cooked.  It's bawas points to a supposed well-cooked meal.

Next on the menu was my sister's Pork ribs.  She's on a diet so she chose mashed potatoes.
Pork Ribs
Nothing to complain here.  Didn't had the chance to taste it because my sister finished the whole thing in minutes. Even the veggies were crisp and well-seasoned.  The mashed looked ok to me, but my sister didn't really eat it.

Upon entering the cafe, I already took notice of their cake display and the Choco Nutella spoke to me as if it wants me to devour her at that very moment.

So when it was time to serve the desserts, I immediately took a photo of my slice, and started eating it.
Choco Nutella
There was no mistake...this is definitely my cake! The chocolate sponge cake is moist, not flaky.  The crunchy part in the middle felt like you were eating the crust of a sansrival, It's not too sweet but you'll definitely taste the nutella flavor in every bite.  Even the icing wasn't overpowering.  The butter cream, which was infused with Nutella was well-balanced.

My sister ordered Apple Crumble and their famous Queso De Bola Cheesecake.
Apple Crumble and Queso De Bola Cheesecake
Home-run!!!like seriously, these two are so deadly you'll never know what hit you! The Queso de Bola is one of their best-sellers, so there's no doubt it really tastes good.  I have a love-hate relationship with cheese, so if a dish claims that it's a cheese dish but ends up pretending to be one, i'll definitely know.

Teaspoon's Queso de bola cheesecake has the right combination of the tartness of the cream-cheese, with the richness of the queso de bola.  The queso de bola has a distinct taste, but it wasn't overpowering on this one.  Also, I like the consistency of the filling.  It's smooth and not grainy.

My sister said the apple crumble hit the right spot too.  The sweet and tart of the apple makes you wanna eat and eat and eat...

We'll definitely go back to Teaspoon Cafe and try their other cakes and smoothies.  The place is easy on the eyes too.  Very Instagram-worthy.



1 comment: