6/23/2020

UBE-fever invades dream cake

It's been awhile since I created a post... been too busy with life and work, but I never really stop eating. 

In the coming days will be posting more...promise! 

Alot of my friends and family know that i'm very picky with my cakes; like i prefer certain brands not because of their name or price, but because it's the only cake that I like. When dream cakes started going viral, i automatically joined the bandwagon and tried almost all "branded" dreamcakes available in the market. 

I got too tired easily though coz of the "umay" factor in most of them, and yes, some of sponges they use are not that great either...they're either too moist or dense that after being in the fridge for awhile, it just tastes argh...

However, someone gifted my mom on her birthday an Ube dream cake-ish.  Hesitant to try it, coz I dont really like Ube being something else aside from Halaya and putting it as a topping on Halo-Halo... 


But my mom insisted that I should try it coz it came from the same dessert shop where we got one of the best carrot cakes in town.  

True enough, the Ube cake didn't disappoint.  It wasn't exactly a dream cake as they used regular icing.  It wasn't too sweet, neither the taste of the Ube was overpowering.

You can also taste the Ube in the cake, but not overbearing.  I love how it melts in your mouth, and you can eat a big chunk of it, because it's just your typical cake placed inside a tin can.

I'm beginning to think that this dessert shop has potential...hehehe... I already like 2 of its products, carrot cake ( which I'm not really a fan of) and this Ube in a tin can cake...

Honestly, I would like to promote this cafe since i'm all for supporting locals.  And who knows, when this pandemic is over, I could try their other products as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment