10/07/2016

Not the same Pablo in Osaka

Pablo Cheese tart
Me and my friend braved the lines at the first-ever Pablo cheese tart, to open in Manila at the Robinson's Place, Ermita a few weeks ago.

Ever since finding out that the Suyen Group is bringing in Pablo, we got so excited because we have been craving for it since our trip in Osaka, Japan last year.

Pablo caters to all cheese-lovers out there. Named after the famous painter, Pablo Picasso, Pablo's cheese tarts are always freshly baked and you can have them either rare or medium.  However, in the Philippines, only the medium cheese tarts are available.


Pablo offers the regular cheese tart, chocolate, and matcha green tea.  They also have the premium cheese tart wherein the topping has a sort of texture like creme brulee, with caramelized sugar on top.

Their prices almost match the ones from Japan, including how they look.  Even the smell is intoxicating.  We were like a few stalls away from the Pablo store itself and yet you can already smell the sugary-goodness and the smell of something good being baked inside the oven. I've always loved that kind of aroma.

Finally, after being in line for almost 40mins, we were whisked to the Pablo stall itself.  Part of the Pablo experience is watching the bakers prepare your cheese tarts. It was fun and I started salivating already.


I was in my own world here.  I honestly can stay here and just watch them do this forever.



Look Ma...My own kind of show...

When I brought home the tart, I had to put it in the fridge and chilled it for a few hours.  I like it firm and gooey in the middle.

However, I was disappointed.  It's not the same as the one we ate in Osaka.  There's something missing from it.  The cheese custard is not the same.  I know it's supposed to be airy and light, but the custard we have here is almost like foam... Seriously, even the tart shell was too soft.  I like it flaky and buttery at the same time.


I really wanted to try the Matcha flavor one, but maybe I'll have to wait for the lines to subside.  It's not the same as Osaka, but, I guess it'll do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment